Bid on One of A Kind Experiences and Celebrity Meet and Greets in Movies, Music, TV, Radio, Sports & Broadway! Big Ticket Auctions Include The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Set Visit, Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark Opening Night Package with Bono & The Edge, Flight with Richard Branson, Shooting Hoops with NBA Star, and More!
September 7, 2010 – Stand Up To Cancer (www.standup2cancer.org) is once again joining forces with eBay Giving Works to offer incredible charity auction experience packages in Film, Television, Music, Broadway and Sports that will raise funds for innovative cancer research.
The Stand Up To Cancer eBay Charity Auction will open on September 7, 2010 at 7pm EST and come to a close on September 17, 2010 at 7pm EST.
Bidders will find an array of exciting auction packages and items to bid on with 100% of the proceeds going directly to Stand Up To Cancer. To bid visit www.ebay.com/standuptocancer
The charity auction leads into the second landmark Stand Up To Cancer One-Hour Event that will broadcast simultaneously across ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC and a host of cable channels on September 10, 2010 (8PM EST & PST / 7PM CT).
The featured items on the Stand Up To Cancer eBay Charity Auction include:
- Two Tickets to opening night of Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark on Broadway, as well as tickets to the after party and a meet-and-greet with Bono, The Edge, and Julie Taymor.
- Spend a day on the set of one of the most highly anticipated films, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn. First Class travel included from Virgin America!
- A walk-on role on the new Spider-Man film, which includes a set visit and meet-and-greet with the stars of the film
- Take to the sky with Sir Richard Branson as you christen a new Virgin destination.
- A rare 8ft replica of Marvel’s iconic Silver Surfer on his legendary surfboard and striking a classic pose.
- Having yourself written and drawn into a DC comic book or Mad Magazine issue.
- An incredible NBA Orlando Magic experience including a game of “horse” with NBA star Dwight Howard.
- Sit alongside MLB Commissioner Allan H. (Bud) Selig in his private skybox for the 82nd MLB All-Star Game.
- One of a kind opportunity to co-host a Fox Sports Radio show.
- Two tickets to the Pee-wee Herman Show on Broadway, with a meet and greet with Pee-wee and signed memorabilia
- Two front row tickets to Western Metal Concert Series at PETCO PARK, San Diego to see Jewel and Colbie Caillat.
- Two front row tickets to Western Metal Concert Series at PETCO PARK, San Diego to see John Legend and Macy Gray.
- Tickets to So You Think You Can Dance and a meet-and-greet with host Cat Deeley.
- An Ultimate VIP Tony Hawk action-sports experience and meet-and-greet in Las Vegas at the Stand Up For Skateparks benefit.
The charity auction is being managed on eBay.com by Auction Cause, a premier online auction management agency specializing in high-profile design, strategy, and cause marketing for celebrities, corporations and nonprofits worldwide.
Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY) connects hundreds of millions of buyers and sellers globally on a daily basis through eBay, the world’s largest online marketplace, and PayPal, which enables individuals and businesses to securely, easily and quickly send and receive online payments. We also reach millions through specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the world’s largest ticket marketplace, and eBay Classifieds sites, which together have a presence in more than 1,000 cities around the world. For more information about the company and our global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.
About the Stand Up To Cancer Initiative
Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) – a program of the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF), a 501(c)(3) charitable organization – raises funds to hasten the pace of groundbreaking translational research that can get new therapies to patients quickly and save lives. In the fall of 2007, a group of women who have been profoundly affected by cancer began working together to marshal the resources of the media and entertainment industries in the fight against it.
Stand Up To Cancer will return to primetime TV on September 10, 2010, at 8PM EST & PST / 7PM CT. The one-hour fundraising event will be simulcast live and commercial-free on ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, Bio, Current TV, Discovery Health, E!, G4, HBO, HBO Latino, MLB Network, mun2, Showtime, Smithsonian Channel, The Style Network, TV One and VH1.
The SU2C founding members include Laura Ziskin, executive producer of the Sept. 5, 2008 broadcast and the upcoming one, who is a cancer survivor; Sherry Lansing, chairperson of the Entertainment Industry Foundation’s Board of Directors and founder of the Sherry Lansing Foundation; EIF President and CEO Lisa Paulsen; Katie Couric; EIF Senior Vice President Kathleen Lobb; Rusty Robertson and Sue Schwartz of the Robertson Schwartz Agency; nonprofit executive Ellen Ziffren; and Noreen Fraser, founder of the Noreen Fraser Foundation (NFF) and a cancer survivor. SU2C was formally launched on May 27, 2008.
Major League Baseball was the founding donor to contribute to Stand Up To Cancer. Other major SU2C supporters include Sidney Kimmel, the country’s largest individual supporter of cancer research; Amgen, Bloomberg Philanthropies, Cancer Treatment Centers of America, The Gateway for Cancer Research Foundation, GlaxoSmithKline, Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), Wallis Annenberg & The Annenberg Foundation, Alliance for Global Good, Milken Family Foundation, Philips Electronics, Steve Tisch, The Island Def Jam Music Group, Comcast and many others. SU2C major media partners include AOL, Bonnier Corporation, Condé Nast Media Group, Costco Connections, eBay Inc., Facebook, Hearst Corporation, iTunes, MySpace, Rodale, Inc., Los Angeles Times, Martha Stewart Living, Meredith Corporation, Time Inc., Twitter, VEVO and YouTube.